Don’t confuse these with the old-fashions types of toupees or wigs which never looked good and were always easy to spot on someone’s head. You no longer have to look like you have planted next door’s cat on your head as the new hair pieces or hair systems are a far cry from the old top knots. Today hair replacement systems have changed dramatically; the materials used to construct them are much finer and more sophisticated and the hair is often natural human hair, looking incredible when in place.
Compared with the painful hair transplant procedure, using a hair replacement system provides an instant new look, no matter the reason for your hair loss. Heredity baldness, medical problems, chemotherapy and a host of other reasons can be dealt with by the application of a hair replacement system that has absolutely no limits when it comes to matching your own hair. Choose any colour, style, density, texture or length; your hair system will come ready styled and ready to put in place. Due to its versatility and affordability, the hair system has become very popular.
Advantages of Hair Replacement System
• Instant results with no waiting
• Zero surgery
• Lower cost
• Great for temporary hair loss
• Suitable if you have no donor hair
Disadvantages of Hair Replacement System
1) Wearers may feel they are using a wig
2) Keeping up with new hairstyles
3) Regular maintenance
4) Requires frequent cleaning
So what are the key differences between Hair Transplant and the Hair Replacement System ?
Hair Systems VS Hair Trasplant
* You are choosing between non-surgical and surgical.
* Any type of operation carries risks and there is always the chance that clients opting for the hair transplant surgery can suffer due to infection or even sudden loss of their newly transplanted hair (referred to as shock loss).
* With the hair system all that is required is to attach the new hair to your head, using the preferred method so this is zero risk.
* Hair transplant success depends very much upon the quality of the donor hair; if this is poor, the desired look may never materialise
* With the hair system, everyone can achieve the hair they want; whether you buy an off-the-shelf system or have one tailor-made to suit you, your hair will look good. It is also totally reversible so if you try a system that you do not like, you can remove it. You are not stuck with a look that you may not by happy with.
* With a transplant, what you see at the end is what you get. There is no way of giving you a ‘dummy trial’ or showing how the new hair might look. Unfortunately, you have to wait until the end of the process to see how good or bad the results are going to be.